pátek 11. dubna 2008

My Last Day at The School

May be it looked a bit crazy when I definitely decided to study my English abroad a year ago. I am sure, some of my friends thought so. And my teenage daughter said “Hey, dad, it´s very funny to think of you are going back to school, isn´t it?” But I felt it was a good opportunity to improve my limited knowledge of that English a little bit. And, of course, I have never been to England before. Anyway, a few days before I arrived in Brighton I was getting more and more nervous about it.

My nervousness disappeared very quickly once I was on my way. I have found a second home with my very friendly host family. From the first moment in the school I felt I was surrounded by a team of nice people. It was really nice for me to meet a couple of young people from different countries from around the world as well as listen to their life point of view. I also wanted to stay at a place where there weren´t too many students from my country, although there were some, I never spoke Czech to them, I kept playing my game “no-Czech-words”.

I really don´t know what progress I have made in past few weeks. I feel that I understand native speakers better and I think that I could understand the rules and use of the tenses a lttle bit better.

I consider it a great success that I survived being a walker in a country where they drive on the left/hand side. It sounds funny, but the first few days here I really felt my life was in danger. I can´t understand it, I visited Cyprus with my bike five years ago and there I had no problems there. May be the city walking is more of an adventure activity… After five days I still thought I would never get used to left hand driving. But I survived.

Yeah, I spent two nice weeks here. I enjoyed it very much and I hope you have enjoyed this blog. But now at the end I can see there are two big faults with my stay. The first one is that my stay should have been a minimum of four weeks . And the second one is that I came here 25 years too late…

THAT´S ALL, FOLKS!

See you in Prague!

1 komentář:

Anonymní řekl(a)...

Thank you for the funny Bringhton Blog, I enjoyed it very much! Does it mean that you will repeat the English course in future to spent more time with studying?
Jana